, , , , , , , ,

The Revival of the Zombie

06 July 2010 Leave a Comment

I'm Back from the Zombieland
Well, its quite (also quiet) sometime since I made a new post. I know, every blog experiences this and also that this blog itself has experienced it sometimes. Now, for the good, I'm back. I am back to revive this zombie blog for the sake of those 10 Google Friend Connect Followers (two of which are myself). I'm back to make myself improve so-called writing skills. I'm back to vent out my anger and my frustrations. I'm back to share my happy moments and my silly moments. So, its loud and clear I'm back.

Of late, lot has been happening with me. I came out of the personalized merchandise company I founded with two of my friends (Chaitanya and Sasank are running it successfully now ). Me and Arvind took BITSexam - BITSAT Sample Papers to the next level with new testing platform that simulates the exact replica experience for BITSAT. Our work of advising BITS aspirants through BITSAT Tips and Advice continued this year too. The site and blog recorded 250.79% and 280.23% growth in the number of visitors in July 2009-June 2010 period as compared to the same period last year. The tremendous growth has increased our responsibility even more. For the record, the total number of unique visitors of BE Site and BE Blog in this period are 88,469 and 318,383 respectively. The huge difference in numbers for blog and site is due to two reasons - Blog serves other related news too (like AIEEE Results, IIST's ISAT information etc), and because people still search more for information than practice papers online. We are planning to get paid test series next year. It was planned this year, but couldn't do it due to lack of time and our laziness.

My Eureka Tips website, which was initially serving Tech news took a totally different turn this year (since April 10,2010 to be precise). Now, Eureka Tips serves Latest News and Results. The shift in the strategy helped a lot. The blog became a hit, got accepted into Google News as a news website and now earns big amounts to me :) Eureka Tips recorded 184,438 (332,662) visits in April, 269,646 (471,029) in May and 530,989 (905,698) in June (according to Google Analytics). I am aiming to make it receive 1 Million visits by the December 2010. I am already making a moolah on the website with Google Adsense and Infolinks. Not to mention the peanuts via Linkworth, Reviewme etc.

I made a major change in my career plan and now am aspiring for CAT 2010. I joined T.I.M.E, the best coaching institute in the country for CAT. I haven't started the preparation full-fledged. All I do now is attend classes and take AIMCATs. Took 2 AIMCATs till now - got just 87.11 percentile in first one and in second, results are awaited.

I am now looking forward to attend Seth GODin's Benefit Event/Speech in Hyderabad that is about to happen this Wednesday. I am sure it will be interesting and I am anticipating to learn from him. If you too are coming, do inform me :)

Life pushes all of us around. Some give up. Others fight. A few learn the lesson and move on. They welcome life pushing them around. To these few people, it means they need and want to learn something. They learn and move on - Robert Kiyosaki (through Rich Dad)

blog comments powered by Disqus